14 July 2016|
Hamburg, Germany: It’s an illusion. Current security solutions will never be installed on every single mobile device and kept up to date. Software will never be completely free of security vulnerabilities. Not all owners of the coolest Android devices will use – or be able to use – the latest version of Google’s OS with the latest security features. And users will never be persuaded to stop accessing certain web offerings like porn sites, even if they know that threats lurk on these sites more than elsewhere. The sooner we acknowledge this situation, the sooner we will understand that security functions should really be integrated upfront by internet and mobile service providers. That way, users would be protected without having to worry about installing security software and keeping it updated. Telcos can play a decisive role in this protection – and the German-based security firm secucloud has already signed up several of them as partners. They make all the necessary security functionality available in the cloud. Of course, that’s still not a 100% guarantee of security. But it would have prevented most infections by the HummingBad Trojan, which according to Check Point has taken control of over 10 million devices worldwide and 40,000 in Germany alone.
14 July 2016|
An improved version of the RAF’s Brimstone missile with a longer range and more advanced guidance system is ready for use on Tornado aircraft following a £170 million investment by the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD).
14 July 2016|
A new system to give seriously injured veterans better lifelong assistance has been announced by Defence Minister Mark Lancaster. This summer, the Ministry of Defence (MOD) will launch a pilot of the new Integrated High Dependency Care System (IHDCS) - designed to ensure a small group of personnel and veterans who need additional support as a result of severe injuries sustained during operations benefit from enhanced on-going assistance.
- Research from RiskIQ shows risk associated with brand communications on social media
- Merging Services in the NHS
- Advanced Persistent Threats Are The Next IT Security Battleground In UK Public Sector, Reveals Gigamon iGov Survey
- MOD set to save over £500M and sustain hundreds of UK jobs with new Typhoon Support deal
- SentinelOne Discovers Nation State SCADA Attack Targeting Western European Energy Companies
- UN Secretary-General calls for truce between warring factions in South Sudan
- Independent Research firm cites BeyondTrust as a leader in Privileged Identity Management report
- Cameron welcomes lifting of ban on women in ground close combat roles
- OF FOOLS OF THE MIDDLE BELT, ONE NORTH AND PASTORAL JIHADISM...WAKE UP, O YE FOOLS AND SLEEPERS!
- "We are better than this."
- WP Engine unveils Web’s First WordPress PHP 7 Compatibility Checker
- FireMon Accelerates Year-Over-Year Bookings in Second Quarter 2016
- Sport teams and events are easy targets for hackers
- New malware Eleanor targeting Macs
- IT Security professionals raise security concerns over home entertainment systems