13 November 2015|
An enormous cache of phone records obtained by The Intercept reveals a major breach of security at Securus Technologies, a leading provider of phone services inside the nation’s prisons and jails.
The materials — leaked via SecureDrop by an anonymous hacker who believes that Securus is violating the constitutional rights of inmates — comprise over 70 million records of phone calls, placed by prisoners to at least 37 states, in addition to links to downloadable recordings of the calls. The calls span a nearly two-and-a-half year period, beginning in December 2011 and ending in the spring of 2014.
Particularly notable within the vast trove of phone records are what appear to be at least 14,000 recorded conversations between inmates and attorneys, a strong indication that at least some of the recordings are likely confidential and privileged legal communications — calls that never should have been recorded in the first place.
13 November 2015|
This week iCandy have pledged their award-winning pushchair, the Raspberry to three UK airports in an attempt to support families returning from Sharm el Sheikh. The agreement to send pushchairs to UK airports was reached with UK airline and tour operator, Monarch in response to baggage restrictions effecting customers travelling back from Sharm el Sheikh to the UK.
12 November 2015|
London, UK: Cyber security consultancy MWR InfoSecurity has confirmed its research team has taken the first step towards creating a fully automated EMV fuzzing solution for POS and ATM transactions. As vulnerabilities can be introduced into the terminal-smartcard authentication procedure [during development], there is a need for structured and formal security evaluation to eliminate unexploited threats that exist in current devices used world-wide.
- Cable Giant Comcast asks 200,000 users to reset passwords
- UK security exports on the increase, say BSIA members
- Charity collection at the Boleyn Ground over Remembrance Weekend raises funds for Blesma
- Muhammadu Buhari: A Nepotist and Mujahid in Government
- Edesix and Vidsys in strategic partnership
- Door accident leads to manslaughter charge
- Becrypt demonstrates commitment to new £6.5 million Government initiative CyberInvest
- Skyscape Cloud Services in joint strategic partnership with Cloudera
- Surveillance: debunking the biggest transport security myth...why safe travel doesn’t have to mean slow travel
- Options partners with TraderServe to deliver trading compliance tool AlgoGuard as A managed solution
- Lessons Learned from the Hacking Team Hack: What’s the Endgame for Enterprise Data Security?
- PALFINGER steps up growth pace in 3rd quarter of 2015
- WellData Database Support Case Study
- Safeguarding your Future: Five Steps to avoid a Catastrophic Data Breach
- Exhibitors set to showcase innovative products at CCTV seminar