20 August 2015|
Security watchers have warned about a new class of DDoS amplification attack threat which only exists because too many users are failing to follow basic safeguards:
Improperly configured services such as DNS or Network Time Protocol (NTP) have been exploited to launch a string of DDoS attacks over the last couple of years, the most high-profile of which battered Spamhaus and buffeted internet exchanges back in March 2013. Over recent weeks, another service – Portmap – has become a vector of DDos attacks, US-based carrier Level 3 warned.
20 August 2015|
Following the infamous Ashley Madison hack, in which hackers have released the personal data of thousands of people who used the adultery website..
Lamar Bailey, Director of Security Research and Development at Tripwire discusses the implications of the breach: “This has been one of the most interesting breaches this year. The data stolen and released has far reaching social implications and people are already harvesting and creating metrics on the data. Sites are publishing which cities have the most “cheaters” using which cities have the most profiles listed on the site. This could play into hiring decisions too because many companies run background checks, Facebook, Twitter, and Google searches for applicants. If an applicant shows up as an Ashley Madison user does that show something about the applicant’s trustworthiness and morals?
19 August 2015|
...Buharism and the Fierce Urgency of Now
"The nation's civil service is currently a mere Gossip Arena and retail outlets for merchandising. Workers stroll in to work at whatever time they like, waka about and leave after such gossips. No stationery, other writing materials and such things like computers similar Government Departments in the West take for granted are hardly available as workers have to quarrel over the use of the few that ministers, permanent secretaries and directors have grudgingly provided, whilst they pocket the money meant for providing office facilities and equipment."
- Parenting site Mumsnet, hacked, DDoSed and Swatted
- AlienVault closes new financing round of $52 Million led by Institutional Venture Partners
- Secunia and SBL announce new partnership to address cyber threats
- Putting a stop to APC's tissues of lies and Muhammadu Buhari's unNigerian loyalty
- Tripwire Survey: 64 percent of organizations are potential targets for nation State cyberattacks
- Real-time mobile app launched for smartphones or tablets
- Client application for Chrome OS enables Secure VPN and remote access for all chrome-enabled devices
- Nuix appoints former Fujitsu International President Rod Vawdrey to spearhead cybersecurity awareness amongst company executives
- Professional Services Firms - A Soft Route To The Hackers’ Real Target?
- Proofpoint's 2015 Threat Report
- Hacker group targets businesses in Guernsey
- Kaspersky Lab accused of sabotaging rivals with fake malware
- AppRiver announces first Netherlands distributor, DCC
- AlienSpy RAT: Proofpoint analysis
- Mozilla Firefox Critical Exploit