16 March 2015|
London, UK: Dimension Data has announced the findings of new research, undertaken by analyst firm, Ovum, which looked at whether IT departments in UK enterprises are ready to deliver and charge for the services they deliver to internal customers on a per-usage basis. The research project, entitled ‘Why next-generation data centre technology is needed to adopt service-centric IT delivery’ was conducted in January/February 2015 and surveyed CIOs at 100 UK organisations employing more than 1,000 staff. Ovum found that, although 58 percent of companies have fully developed plans to introduce a service-centric approach to IT delivery, the majority are struggling to make the business case required to turn these plans into a reality.
16 March 2015|
THE UK’s submarine industry will benefit from £285 million of investment to continue design work for the Royal Navy’s next generation of nuclear deterrent submarines.
The release of funding for the design work is within the existing Successor programme’s £3.3 billion Assessment Phase. The funding forms part of the MoD’s commitment to spending £163 billion on equipment and equipment support over the next 10 years to keep Britain safe. That includes new strike fighters; more surveillance aircraft; hunter killer submarines; two aircraft carriers; and the most advanced armoured vehicles.
16 March 2015|
Vigilance can report that The Prime Minister has announced greater collaboration with NATO on its military training exercises to tackle new threats faced by the Alliance.
The agreement comes as the Prime Minister met the new NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg, at Downing Street ahead of the Afghanistan Service of Commemoration.
- Tripwire announces capture the Flag Cyber Security Competition
- ENTERTECH SYSTEMS and Reliable Security Products bring Suprema Biometrics to Ireland
- Tripwire reacts to CIA's possible spy campaign against Apple
- 2015 Verizon PCI compliance report showed an increase in PCI compliance among businesses
- Airship maker Aeros sues US Navy for destruction of innovative airship in 2013
- Injured service personnel to take on Coast2Coast challenge for Blesma
- “The fight with oil tapping won’t end until we deal with the reasons behind the problem”
- Podec: First Trojan to trick CAPTCHA into thinking its human
- Ricardo-AEA to provide 24/7 chemical risk support for UK Ministry of Defence
- BeyondTrust helps RWE Supply & Trading mitigate administrative rights and unauthorised download risks
- IGEL protects customer investment with its long-term Linux Thin Client OS updates
- CNL Software and Candid Security Solutions partner for major projects in the UAE
- General Elections 2015: Lest we forget, Ndigbo have not ruled Nigeria for 49 years
- DEFENCE SECRETARY ANNOUNCES FURTHER UK SUPPORT TO UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
- Security contract renewed at Wakefield Trinity Wildcats