21 July 2015|
NSPCC look at how they can better support emotional wellbeing and mental health for children in care.
A new report has been published by the NSPCC on the mental health of young people. The mental health of children in care is significantly more affected than children who are not in care. In fact, 45% of looked after children in England, 45% of looked after children in Scotland and 49% of looked after children in Wales have a mental disorder. In comparison, only 10% of children in private households suffer from a mental illness. It has been shown that good mental health is just as important as good physical health and so the NSPCC are exploring how they can better support children in care to improve their emotional wellbeing.
21 July 2015|
Dr Christine Harrison reacts to HMIC's post-inspection review of South Yorkshire Police. Dr Harrison from the University of Warwick’s Centre for Lifelong Learning is an experienced social worker who has co-ordinated and taught child care and child protection social work for the last 25 years. Christine who has carried out research in a number of areas, including images of child abuse, says:
21 July 2015|
Serving your country in the Armed Forces is an honourable achievement and a career path that tens of thousands of men and women choose every day. But what happens when these people leave the forces? The structure, discipline and values instilled into military personnel are undoubtedly skills which employers find desirable – but a transition to civilian life can be tough, especially if leaving the forces wasn’t an active choice.
- Trend Micro mplements task management solution from Ascertus for Central HR Department
- Options opens new Central London Office
- Muhammadu Buhari: A Nepotist and Mujahid in Government
- MOST IT SECURITY PROFESSIONALS “NOT SURPRISED” THAT END USERS CAN ACCESS MORE COMPANY DATA THAN THEY NEED
- LASER COMPONENTS in celebration of expansion
- WhiteHat Security announces new acceleration services for customers
- THE QUEEN AND MEMBERS OF THE ROYAL FAMILY TO JOIN THE NATION IN MARKING 70 YEARS SINCE THE VICTORY OVER JAPAN
- tyntec research finds the use of personal mobile devices for work is the new norm
- Check Point teams with VMware to offer advanced security within the software-defined Data Centre
- GUN & ROSES: WEAPONS OF CHOICE FOR THE GREAT MEN OF THE LAST 500 YEARS ON SALE AT BONHAMS
- Security industry’s finest recognised by BSIA Chairman’s Awards
- Bright futures ahead for award-winning security apprentices
- Cryptzone appoints Kurt Glazemakers as CTO
- Kai, Mallam, stop running one-man GONMENT
- Effective process network protection: gateprotect now provides SCADA networks and control centers with better protection