12 October 2012|
London: Reacting to the overturning of the controversial `57 second law’ by the Bundesrat, Germany’s federal council and upper house, Varonis says this is a welcome return to the status quo of data protection in the country.
According to David Gibson, VP of strategy with the data governance specialist, the proposed law – which was passed by the lower house in under a minute back in the summer – sought to allow local authorities in Germany to sell citizens’ data without their explicit permission.
12 October 2012|
Below is a media alert from Trusteer on cybercriminal campaign ‘Project Blitzkrieg’ which is reported will be used in a massive coordinated attack on US banks. It is reported that the recently discovered new malware variant, dubbed Prinimalka-Gozi, will be used in a massive coordinated attack on US banks. Trusteer's analysis of Prinimalka-Gozi does indicate that it is a distant relative of the Gozi malware. In the blog Amit discusses why existing anti-fraud measures fail to prevent this attack and what can be done to block the Trojan.
11 October 2012|
A turning of the earth ceremony has taken place at the site of what will become the Afghan National Army Officer Academy (ANAOA) - underlining the UK’s long-term commitment to a secure Afghanistan after combat operations cease by the end of 2014, Vigilance can report.
- Over 80% of service desks have disaster recovery plans in place – yet only half know how to implement them, according to new research
- F5 Solutions team up with VXLAN to support software defined networking
- Britain joins rest of the world to mark World Day Against the Death Penalty 2012
- Trouble brews again for humbled G4S after Olympic fiasco as IHRC plans to besiege its headquarters over what it refers to as “Israeli Apartheid!”
- Nearly half of senior IT professionals in the UK admit they have experienced data breach
- Rail CCTV Conference in Focus
- ControlCircle launches ‘BYOD Corporate Security’ learning resource
- Avere NAS Audit highlights virtualised storage bottlenecks as a top storage concern in Europe
- Time to rethink time precis
- RosettaBooks’ 10th Kindle Single a Bestseller
- TDSi to announce Harmony Security Alliance at Global Security Summit
- ICT industry leaders to address ITU Telecom World 2012 in Dubai, 14-18 October
- A10 Networks announces new European Cisco ACE Trade-in Program
- “Penetration testers need to advance their skills” says expert
- SecurEnvoy, Sophos Partner to deliver world's first Tokenless Two Factor Authentication for Disk Encryption