14 November 2012|
Study shows distractions may alleviate boredom and improve drone operators’ performance.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. On its surface, operating a military drone looks a lot like playing a video game: Operators sit at workstations, manipulating joysticks to remotely adjust a drone’s pitch and elevation, while grainy images from the vehicle’s camera project onto a computer screen. An operator can issue a command to fire if an image reveals a hostile target, but such adrenaline-charged moments are few and far between.
14 November 2012|
62% of Workers Report Email Mishaps
Email crushing workforce, leading to costly mistakes
London, UK: Research conducted by Varonis, the leading provider of comprehensive data governance software, has found that workers in the digital office place are learning to cope with increasing email traffic. While they continue to evolve and experiment with more effective email management practices, organisations will be grappling with email errors and accidents. According to the Varonis survey, 62% of respondents reported a mishap — often with serious consequences — as a result of sending an email to the wrong person or with improper or unauthorised content. The study[i], questioning employees about their digital habits and vices, also reveals that one in 20 companies faced compliance issues as a result of a wrongly sent email.
13 November 2012|
London: Mimecast today announced that it ranked number 20 in the 2012 Deloitte Technology Fast 50, a list of the 50 fastest-growing technology companies in the UK. Rankings are based on percentage revenue growth over five years. Mimecast, which supplies cloud-based email archiving, continuity and security for Microsoft Exchange and Office 365, grew 1,030% during this period.
- SecureData appoints Raj Nagevadia as Finance Director
- “Don’t send Christmas gifts to our boys and girls on missions, but direct them to Service charities,” MoD tells British public
- SecureData acquires Quadrant Networks
- ASIS International and SHRM to develop Joint Investigations ANSI Standard
- Five Ways That Mobile Technology Is Changing Business
- New book remembers the ‘Forgotten’ Tommy poets of WW1.
- Sir Ian Johnston, former London 2012 Director of Security joins new security venture
- AlienVault welcomes mandatory application of open standards principles across UK government
- MoD unveils fresh plans to create a fully integrated Armed Forces
- William “BJ” Jenkins appointed CEO of Barracuda Networks
- Ministry of Defence starts to adopt the Cloud
- New Windows operating systems requires a refresh of security skills and longer term strategy as legacy reaches dangerous end of life period
- ThoughtWorks helps Amnesty International and iHub UX Lab tackle tech challenge in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Perforce signs up process specialist Celix as a partner in Germany and Austria
- TeamDrive is first secure collaboration software to be offered in Claranet Virtual Data Centre (VDC)