31 December 2012|
Top tips that will help prevent your workforce becoming impaled
You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a company that’s been linked to a phishing attack. Organisations such as RSA, Epsilon and the US’s Department of Energy, are just a few that have publicly held up their hands to falling victim to an attack. And it will get worse. Gartner recently stated in its 2012 Magic Quadrant for Secure Email Gateways (SEG) report that "Phishing attacks continue to oscillate, while more targeted phishing attacks increase.” Why are spear phishing attacks increasing and what can organisations do to prevent falling victim?
31 December 2012|
Interview with John D. Rhea, Compliance Officer at OGE Energy
According to the Department of Homeland Security, cyber security threats to the electric utility industry are increasing (http://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/21201-DHS-Industrial-ControlSystems-Threats-Increasing.html). To meet these threats, NERC is increasing the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) regulatory requirements that attempt to ensure that organizational networks and facilities are meeting basic standards in this area. Thus, cyber security and compliance professionals across the industry are currently facing many challenges in both achieving compliance at a time in which requirements are rapidly evolving, and ensuring that their systems are well protected from cyber attacks that are both more numerous and more sophisticated.
30 December 2012|
London: Commenting on predictions that the volume of hacking attempts will top the billion mark in the final quarter of this year, the organisers of Infosecurity Europe say that it is imperative that IT security professionals remain up to speed on the latest threats – and the solutions to defend against them.
- Brainloop supports major licensing deal for Nanobiotix with its Secure Dataroom
- Defence Reform Annual Report
- How HMS Protector took to the ice for a Charity Santa run...on your marks, get set,...ho...ho..ho!
- Video Surveillance: What’s trendy in 2013?
- ISACA introduces new CRISC Online Course to help risk professionals prepare for the Certification Exam
- Kidnap and Ransom: Growing Threat, Fluid Risk
- Case study: GASA BØG GROUP Grows With SecurEnvoy
- More than 1 in 4 workers unaware of phishing threat
- Counter Terror Expo confirms 2013 conference programme
- Napatech predicts 100G Ethernet and Software Defined Networking
- Avecto plants firm roots in Europe and invests in channel expansion
- Analysis of BatchWiper: Another data wiping malware
- Survey: 61% of security professionals say businesses vulnerable during holidays
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all our numerous readers worldwide
- FESTIVE CHEER FOR FRONTLINE TROOPS