24 November 2014|
BSI, the UK’s National Standards Body has officially recognized the outstanding contributions of its many committee members though the BSI Standards Awards. The exceptional contributions to standards making from the national and international arena includes committee members, chairmen, and those who have made a significant impact within a short time of being appointed.
24 November 2014|
Gartner analyst, Neil MacDonald, proposes that now is the time for companies to turn their focus from an incident response model of security to one that provides continuous response. MacDonald coins this as a Continuous Advanced Threat Protection approach to security. While most security professionals have come to grips with the fact that at some point they will fall victim to a compromise, the approach to security by and large still revolves around responding after something bad has occurred. Now this is by no means the fault of the security professional alone. The tools they have at their disposal, most of which offer a siloed view into their security posture, many times restrict their capabilities.
To truly make the shift towards MacDonald’s continuous response, security professionals need to evaluate tools and processes with a fresh set of eyes. Steve Salinas, Product Manager at Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service for the cloud, has pulled together an article outlining the four things to consider when making this necessary shift in security approach.
21 November 2014|
Many companies use Microsoft Remote Desktop Web (RD Web) in order to manage their access to server resources. Two-factor authentication (2FA) is recommended to secure this access. This usually consists of the conventional username and password components plus an additional passcode component. However, there has recently been an increase in cases of third parties obtaining access to web applications in RD Web environments without needing to enter the additional passcode. How have the third parties been able to get past the usually highly secure 2FA and how should RD Web users protect themselves in the future?
- Tenable's Nessus v6 Eliminates cybersecurity blind spots and enforces system hardening policies
- New German heavy tanks bring serious firepower in latest world of tanks: Xbox 360 edition update
- International phishing scam
- Russia webcam breach: The problem with CCTV cameras and webcams
- Babcock to run Defence Support Group
- Lancope appoints enterprise and cloud security expert Andrew Wild as new CISO
- Free white paper explains how network access can be doubly protected
- Aethlon Medical discloses expanded access "Emergency Use" pathway to treat ebola in US
- Lancope appoints technology industry veteran Ben Todd as Sales Director for Europe
- Advice and figures for Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- New Bromium research reveals sophisticated Crypto-ransomware menace
- Skyguard to exhibit and host seminar at Lone Worker Safety Conference
- BSIA announces exhibitors for free business crime seminar
- Kroll Ontrack published list of worst data disasters for 2014
- UPnP Forum invites organizations to use UPnP+ Certification