17 December 2014|
Slough UK: Opengear has announced its most impressive year in EMEA with across the board growth.
2014 has seen Opengear continue to enhance its flagship IM7200 series, the industry's most advanced infrastructure management solution featuring dual fibre ports and high-speed, low latency 4G LTE remote management options, with a host of new features. Opengear has also launched the new CM7100 family of console servers that also benefits from these innovations including an extension of its Smart OOB™ capabilities to monitor critical network and power devices, alerting admins to important events. A key complement to Smart OOB™ is the new Failover to Cellular (F2C) feature, which ensures uninterrupted connectivity for remote networks during primary WAN downtime. Opengear’s Smart OOB™ combined with F2C enables companies to monitor, access, manage and automatically remediate their remote networks, from anywhere, to improve operational efficiency and resilience. An industry first!
17 December 2014|
A new initiative to help jewellers, pawnbrokers and police to identify and trace stolen watches is being launched in January by intelligence sharing organisation, SaferGems.
Acting as a central database of watches’ serial numbers, the SaferGems Watch Register will enable jewellers and pawnbrokers to check the provenance of second-hand items with a single phone call or email. Hosted by the British Security Industry Association (BSIA), the Watch Register is operated by SaferGems, a joint initiative established by the BSIA in partnership with a number of prominent organisations including TH March Insurance Brokers, the National Association of Goldsmiths (NAG) and the British Jewellers’ Association (BJA).
16 December 2014|
IN PRAISE OF SELF-RELIANCE
Obama's America...not a friend in need, hence not a friend indeed, say Nigerian authorities.
GEJ...Nigeria's clueless President
Much prayers have gone forth, Mr President, but what is that in your palm? ACTION, please!
- How to handle the security problem with big data
- Reservists getting ready for mission in West Africa
- A call for reflection on the anniversary of the crisis in South Sudan
- BSIA’s South East Business Crime Conference 2014 Proves a Success
- ALPRO AT FARNBOROUGH INTERNATIONAL AIRSHOW
- Centerprise awarded three Lots on £6bn CCS RM1054 Public Sector Framework
- Holiday Retail “freeze” takes hold: Musings from security professionals
- Mining Security & Crisis Management Forum held on the 12th-13th of November 2014 in Cape Town
- Lancope selected as a 2014 red herring Top 100 Global Company
- Integration with Cisco ISE provides visibility and context
- Cubic appoints Chris Bellios as senior Vice President of National Intelligence, Mission Support Services
- BSI reviews PAS5748
- One third of European businesses to introduce wearable technology to the workplace in 2015
- FIN4 hacker group preys on insider information
- ANDROIDOS_STIP.A used to hack RFID payment cards