10 December 2013|
Scott Greaux, VP of PhishMe, discusses holiday phishing scams:
The holidays are a busy time for everyone… especially for hackers trying to phish your employees. Phishing is most effective when it exploits human emotions—fear, greed, anxiousness, curiosity, compassion, getting a good deal—and the holidays tend to bring these emotions out more than other times of the year. This gives adversaries a bevy of relevant topics to use to build phishing campaigns. However, which tactics should you train your employees look out for?
09 December 2013|
London, UK: Companies seeking to improve information security without incurring significant expense are increasingly turning to the cloud for security as a service (SecaaS), which promises low costs and high flexibility. But when cloud security is already a concern, outsourcing security services themselves to the cloud poses a significant set of risks to address. A new free, downloadable white paper from global IT association ISACA evaluates the impact of SecaaS on an enterprise and outlines 10 key questions to ask—and answer—before deploying it.
09 December 2013|
The term “Internet of Things” refers to the use of the Internet for monitoring, tracking, controlling, and interconnecting everyday objects. For example, home appliances can be connected to the Internet to facilitate household activities. In this context, it is worth mentioning that refrigerators that allow the users to access the Internet are already commercially available.
- Managing your online identity
- Shavlik joins Microsoft System Center Alliance Program
- SpamTitan Technologies launches WebTitan Cloud for SMBs
- WWII conspiracies come to life as new novel explores possibility of plane similar to ‘Spruce Goose’
- Interoute attains a combined ISAE 3402 /SSAE 16 Type II assurance report for its Data Centre Operations in Amsterdam, Berlin, Geneva and London
- UK Government survey into cyber risks paints bleak yet unsurprising picture
- He now belongs to the ages
- Microsoft pre-patch advisory
- MoD receives pat on the back from Lord Levene's Report
- Qumu launches the Qumu Video App for SharePoint 2013
- Scottish businesses educated on the importance of Security and Exporting at BSIA Conference
- Skyscape Cloud Services announces student placement programme for university undergraduates
- Report celebrates 1000 firms of ‘exceptional importance’ to UK economy
- How the NSA could be breaking SSL
- Trusteer reports on the state of targeted attacks