22 May 2015|
Woking, Surrey: "An acceptance that security will be breached in most organisations will mean some change of focus at this year's Infosecurity Europe exhibition," said Ian Kilpatrick, chairman of Wick Hill Group, security specialist and long time exhibitor at the show.
22 May 2015|
Researchers at Context Information Security have demonstrated how easy it is to monitor and record Bluetooth Low Energy signals transmitted by many mobile phones, wearable devices and iBeacons, including the iPhone and leading fitness monitors, raising concerns about privacy and confidentiality. The researchers have even developed an Android app that scans, detects and logs wearable devices.
21 May 2015|
This week, CareFirst became the third major health insurance company in the USA to disclose a data breach which potentially compromised customer information. It's been reported that the attack could affect as many as 1.1 million of its customers but, according to CareFirst, the hackers did not gain access to sensitive financial or medical information such as social security numbers, credit card information or medical claims. They did, however, have access to names, email addresses and dates of birth. The company said the breach happened last June and described it as 'sophisticated'.
Gavin Reid, VP of threat intelligence at Lancope and Mark Bower, VP at HP Security Voltage comment:
- Fortune 100 social media accounts struggle to comply with regulations
- Proficio security expert on St. Louis Federal Reserve domain hijacking
- AppRiver expands executive team to accelerate momentum and growth
- 24-hour ‘Groby Challenge’ to raise money for injured veterans
- Survey finds 11% of UK organizations do not give cyber security the pride of place it deserves
- Pest Management standard published
- Encryption expert re commandeering of United Air jet by hack researcher
- KEMP delivers new high performance ADCs to balance business Apps
- Quantum Corp highlights unique benefits of its scale-out storage solutions to customers
- The B2 Group provides integration layer for FUNDcom users
- Health Canada approves Ebola treatment protocol
- Skyguard to unveil new version of 'MYSOS' personal safety alarm at Safety and health Expo
- Kingdom School uses stainless steel door handles
- My LOCKEN app launched
- Ilex International launched in the UK