30 August 2016|
Following the recent news that the messaging app Whatsapp has backtracked and decided to hand over its data to Facebook, Richard Patterson, Director at Comparitech.com says:
"This announcement is not all that surprising given that Facebook has a history of pushing the limits on privacy in an ongoing attempt to increase monetisation of its platforms and keep shareholders happy. You can almost imagine the boardroom discussion: “Sure, this will get us a bit of bad press but it will blow over; yes, we’ll lose a few users but 99.9% of our customers won’t give up WhatsApp and this will make us a truck load more money, so let’s do it. We’ll put out some story about how this will improve user experience and how seriously we take our customers privacy; and all but a few die hard privacy nuts will have forgotten about it by the end of the month.”
30 August 2016|
LONDON: A survey conducted by Tenable Network Security, Inc. has found that a large majority of responding security professionals fail to measure and communicate security assurance within their organisations, and are therefore unable to connect a successful cyber security program to achieving strategic business objectives for board members and senior executives.
26 August 2016|
Security researcher Salvador Mendoza recently discovered a security flaw in Samsung Pay and discussed it during his Black Hat talk in Las Vegas. Basically Samsung Pay generates tokens each time a transaction is made. The idea is that this will mask the credit card information so that in the event it is intercepted, the details can’t be seen by the hacker. However according to Mendoza, he claims that with every token that Samsung Pay generates, the process becomes weaker and weaker till the point where if used enough times, a hacker could predict future tokens and steal them for use in another device.
- Expert Comment: French submarine company data leak exposes secrets about combat capabilities
- Alert Logic makes three new key executive hires
- Experts Comments: New Pokemon Go Ransomware
- CEP Statement on Twitter’s Suspension of Extremist Accounts
- RiskIQ accelerates momentum across entire external threat management solution set in first half of 2016
- Freedom of Information requests reveal 6 out of 10 universities have been ransomware victims
- Interserve chooses Sopra Steria to transform and modernise the national infrastructure
- Expert Comment: POS malware infected all Eddie Bauer Stores in USA and Canada
- Expert Comment: Research finds security risks prevent consumers from “buying” into mobile banking
- Expert Common: Rex Linux Trojan packs DDoS attacks, ransomware and Bitcoin miner
- Arista expands to next-generation telemetry
- VIOLATION OF INNOCENCE
- Mobile Mini's thoughts on Brexit: "Keep Calm and Carry On"
- Transport-related delays are causing problems for UK Construction projects
- Future is bright for award-winning security apprentices