Cranfield Defence and Security at the UK Defence Academy will host the 6th Symposium on Ordnance Munitions and Explosives (OME) between the 27th and 28th of July, 2010 at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom in Shrivenham. The Symposium, which is being held in conjunction with the MOD’s Defence Ordnance Safety Group will this year focus on research into energetic materials and explosives ordnance.
13 July 2010|
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano last week announced approximately $56 million in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funding for airport security projects at Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT), Orlando International Airport (MCO), and St. Louis International Airport (STL)—enhancing the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) efforts to strengthen security at airports while creating jobs across the country.
Staff of the Olympic Park have been commended for making the London 2012 construction project one of the safest and greenest in the UK, at the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) Health, Safety and Environment awards.
- Andrew White plans retirement after making NSI more efficient and customer-focused
- BAE Systems records huge successes in its apprenticeship and bursary schemes in South Africa
- MITIE in strategic partnership with Dalkia...acquires DFM Providers Ltd
- Advance wins prestigious city contracts
- BAE treats BBC viewers to its engineering marvel...Astute wonder
- Securitas acquires Paragon Systems Inc.
- Securitas goes for the big pie in Srilankan security services market
- A Common Purpose: Raising Standards in the Private Security Industry
- Last monday’s robbery attack on a staff of loomis at Dalston in London
- Armed Forces Day: Salute to peacemaking and gallantry
- iOmniscient launches the ultimate VMS…and virtually gives it away
- ExCel London appoints ICTS to provide canine support services
- Raytheon launches new system for tactical networked communications
- iOmniscient goes East
- FIFA World Cup 2010 and the security challenge