19 April 2017|
The Surveillance Camera Commissioner, Tony Porter recently launched a national surveillance camera strategy for England and Wales, which has been endorsed by the British Security Industry Association.
18 April 2017|
The British Security Industry Association (BSIA) is advising its members of a change to the regulations for cables sold in the European Union. As of 1st July 2017, only cable compliant with European standard EN 50575:2014 can be sold for use in installed fire and security systems. This follows a 12 month transition period, after the standard for power, control and communication cables was added to the list of standards called up by the Construction Products Regulation (CPR) on 1st July 2016.
18 April 2017|
The media recently reported that the FDA had issued a stern warning to Abbott for failing to properly investigate and resolve cybersecurity risks and battery malfunctions for its pacemaker and defibrillator devices:
In response, IoT cybersecurity expert Rod Schultz, VP of Product, Rubicon Labs, says: "The FDA warning to Abbott is an echo of challenges we’ve seen in other technology verticals that are built with batteries and software. Every mobile device in the field today is available and affordable because of advances in those two areas. The healthcare industry must build on technology advancement to innovate, but patient safety and FDA requirements have got to be addressed as top-most priorities. The FDA works closely with federal agencies, DHS, and medical device manufacturers to increase reliability and security, but it seems that more guidance is needed, and perhaps the incentive structure needs to be changed.
- ExtraHop combines analytics and low-cost storage to deliver intelligent workflows at scale
- US and UK cyberCrime Eeperts join NEUSTAR CONNECT: EMEA Security Summit
- DEFENCE MINISTER MEETS TEENAGERS TAKING PART IN PILOT ARMY SUPERCAMP
- Cyber Security Chicago to debut in October 2017
- Speakers at Euralarm Symposium 2017 now announced
- Expert Comment: Wonga data breach
- Zerto announces ZertoCON 2017 Keynote Speakers
- BSIA reinforces commitment to quality with new ISO certification
- SONG OF THE SEASON
- EEMBC and prpl align to drive use of hypervisors to create security-by-separation for a more trusted IoT
- Qognify helps Navi Mumbai in the making of a safe city
- Call out times for fuel blunders halved
- Comment - researchers uncover ongoing attacks against IoT devices
- Comment: Blizzard Games wins $8.5 in damages and Google bug bounty fail
- UK mobile app users face heightened security risks new nationwide survey reports