08 November 2012|
London, UK: ISACA, a global IT association with 100,000 members in 180 countries, teamed up with the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) to issue a user guide on Service Organization Control ReportsSM that help evaluate risk, reliability and compliance issues regarding outsourced tasks or functions. The guide, titled SOC 2SM User Guide for Report on Controls at a Service Organization Relevant to Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality or Privacy.
07 November 2012|
While the EU is in the process of revising their consumer privacy policies, especially with respect to PII, the US is beginning to rethink its definition of personal data. Policy makers at the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) earlier in the year released Protecting Consumer Privacy in an Era of Rapid Change. If you hadn’t read this for your homework assignment, don’t worry, Varonis has the key take-aways and what it might mean for companies going forward.
07 November 2012|
35% of UK financial institutions surveyed acknowledge they are behind the curve and have no current intention to drive improvement
London: Out of a recent survey of 120 mid-to large-sized companies in the UK, over a third (35%) of the 24 financial institutions, which responded, are aware that they are bottom tier business-to-business integration performers and have ‘no current intention to drive improvement’. The survey, by IT Analyst Freeform Dynamics, was commissioned by Liaison Technologies, a data integration specialist.
- "Border transformation is a key focus for the Government,” says Immigration Minister
- NiDAR and Sentinel stand guard during London 2012 sailing events
- “Informative and interactive” information destruction event to return in 2013
- First Advantage Litigation Consulting expands London Document Review Centre
- Pro-Vision offers SilverNet wireless solutions
- Ramora UK forms strategic partnership with The Dog Unit
- Infosecurity Europe hails findings of Ernst & Young security report
- Lantronix launches new virtual solution for remote management and control of IT equipment
- Mimecast beefs up archiving offerings
- New international consortium to support 11 developments shaping the future of cyber security practices in industry and Government
- iPads storm the Boardroom
- LANDesk delivers industry-leading secure user management suite
- Version 9.2 with application filter: gateprotect next-generation firewall available with immediate effect
- SureCloud adds Third Party Assurance Capability to Collaborative Compliance Platform
- BSIA updates helpful guide to effective access control