20 April 2017|
Poll results announced this from Prevalent, Inc. show that New NY State Cybersecurity Regulations Are Driving Financial Services Organizations to Action - but more than a third aren't fully clear on what they need to do. The regulations are widely considered to be a potential US national model for cybersecurity requirements.
20 April 2017|
Cisco Live, Melbourne, AU and Tinton Falls, NJ: Commvault has announced the integration of its Commvault Data Platform and IntelliSnap® technology for FlashStack™, a flexible, converged infrastructure solution offered jointly by Cisco and Pure Storage, combining the latest in compute, network, and storage hardware into a single, integrated architecture. By providing the data protection layer for FlashStack with IntelliSnap integration, Commvault is working with Pure Storage and Cisco to address the ongoing shift from the traditional silo approach of separate servers, storage, and networking equipment to a pre-designed, pre-engineered, tested and optimized solution that provides organizations with a high performance, scalable infrastructure for deploying mission-critical workloads.
18 April 2017|
Tweets filled with profanity and false news reports were posted to the ABC News account, while tweets claiming to be from “Russian hackers” who “love” President Donald Trump were appearing on Good Morning America’s page.
Commenting on this, Robert Capps, VP of business development at NuData Security, said "If Twitter were a country, it would be the 12th largest in the world with over 100 million users logging in daily, and continually growing. The size of its membership, and its capacity as a live media source of information, make it an attractive and vulnerable target for account takeovers. By hijacking accounts, bad actors have access the audiences of celebrities, brands and news outlets with thousands of followers, and can also leverage hashtags and lists to push that reach further. It’s a reminder for everyone to use unique strong passwords on every site, and consider using a password manager like 1Password or LastPass for easy generation of strong, unique passwords, as well as storage and encryption of these passwords."
- BSIA endorses the national surveillance camera strategy for England and Wales
- New cabling regulation to affect manufacturers, distributors and installers
- IoT Security Expert: "FDA needs tech industry's advice" (Abbott's St. Jude's pacemakers)
- OF FOOLS OF THE MIDDLE BELT, ONE NORTH AND PASTORAL JIHADISM...WAKE UP, O YE FOOLS AND SLEEPERS!
- Where was Aisha Buhari when idiot Kumapayi flagrantly violated the dignity of the daughters of Nigeria?
- UKCloud launches Disaster Recovery to the Cloud service
- ADG Holdings bolsters security protection with TrapX DeceptionGrid
- ExtraHop combines analytics and low-cost storage to deliver intelligent workflows at scale
- US and UK cyberCrime Eeperts join NEUSTAR CONNECT: EMEA Security Summit
- DEFENCE MINISTER MEETS TEENAGERS TAKING PART IN PILOT ARMY SUPERCAMP
- Cyber Security Chicago to debut in October 2017
- Speakers at Euralarm Symposium 2017 now announced
- Expert Comment: Wonga data breach
- Zerto announces ZertoCON 2017 Keynote Speakers
- BSIA reinforces commitment to quality with new ISO certification