23 January 2017|
Prestwick: Veracity has announced its attendance at the BETT Show for the first time.
23 January 2017|
What Is A Ponzi Scheme?
Business Dictionary aptly defines a Ponzi scheme as a SCAM in which a GULLIBLE group is enticed with the promise of very high returns in a very short time, but is actually based on paying off the early 'investors' from the cash from (hopefully ever increasing number of) new 'investors.' Investopedia reconciles a Ponzi scheme with a pyramid scheme in that both are based on using new ‘investors' funds to pay earlier participants. Essentially, such schemes are synonymous with ‘’Robbing Peter to Pay Paul’’. A typical Ponzi scheme flops when the cash outflow exceeds the cash inflow. Ponzi scheme is named after Charles Ponzi (1882-1949), an Italian immigrant to the United States who, during 1919-20 collected more than fifteen million dollars from some 40,000 enthusiastic depositors by promising to double their investment in 90 days.
19 January 2017|
The White House, Washington
My fellow Americans,
It's a long-standing tradition for the sitting president of the United States to leave a parting letter in the Oval Office for the American elected to take his or her place. It's a letter meant to share what we know, what we've learned, and what small wisdom may help our successor bear the great responsibility that comes with the highest office in our land, and the leadership of the free world.
- High-Tech Bridge and PwC Singapore announce a strategic partnership in cybersecurity
- Driving in the cloud
- Veracity to showcase expanded portfolio at Intersec trade show in Dubai
- FOI study reveals patients data and lives not safe under NHS Trusts
- COMMENT: Facebook can read WhatsApp message through security backdoor
- WhatsApp backdoor allows snooping on encrypted messages - Varonis comments
- NHS trust hit by cyber attack - experts comment
- IPSecurityCenter to help protect citizens at the U.S. presidential inauguration
- Checkmarx appoints Shmuel Arvatz as Chief Financial Officer
- Pulse Secure certified for U.S. Department of Defense Unified Capabilities Approved Products List
- ExtraHop predicts 2017 trends in IT, security and DevOps
- VTech takeover: Snom stays Snom
- TDSi appoints new Distribution Channel Manager
- Comment: Integrating Amazon's Alexa into cars
- High powered cameras could steal your fingerprints from a photo - NuData Security comments